Skip to main content

When navigating the divorce process, agreements involving child custody and other types of support are based upon circumstances at the time of the divorce. Thus, it’s not uncommon for one party to seek a change or modification to a previous decree after the final order. In doing so, however, the party requesting the change must be able to prove that a revision is necessary. For instance, perhaps there has been a significant change in one’s income following a divorce or suppose one parent is considering relocating to another state. In these situations, a post-decree modification may take place. On the other hand, if there is a problem providing appropriate care to the children, this also warrants a change to an original agreement or divorce order.

Clients in Evans and Richmond County continue to trust the experience and commitment of attorney Fred M. Kennedy, P.C. Having served the region for over 40 years, he takes into account your family law goals and blends them with his legal expertise to get results for your divorce, property division and custody concerns.

When Your Circumstances Change Following Divorce, Contact Fred M. Kennedy, P.C.

It’s difficult to estimate the full financial and emotional impact of a divorce. Suppose you recently moved and are adjusting to rent or mortgage payment. Perhaps you didn’t work prior to your divorce, but now you are transitioning back into the workforce. This might include sending your children to a childcare facility or after school program. With a number of scenarios to consider, it’s not unusual for one parent to want to change a previous divorce agreement. When arrangements cannot be done amicably with the other parent, or if parents cannot agree on changes, one may petition the court for a legal modification. Yet, to ensure the best outcome in your case, obtaining a post-decree modification lawyer is important.

Augusta attorney Fred M. Kennedy, P.C., continues to be a trusted advisor and advocate for families transitioning after a divorce. When it comes to requesting modifications to an original divorce decree, attorney Fred Kennedy applies decades of experience to help you prepare and justify your modifications accordingly.

For a free consultation to discuss your case, contact the Augusta law firm of Fred M. Kennedy, P.C. today.

Contact Information

Fred M. Kennedy, P.C.

Augusta Law Office Map
Fred is currently out on extended medical leave and not taking calls or new cases until further notice.